"The wise man does not lay up his own treasures.The more he gives to others,the more he has for his own." – Lao Tzu
I have never seen a study on positive qualities that people would like to have,but I bet if we asked ten people if they wanted to be considered generous,ten would say "yes." Yet,我们知道不是十分之一的人是慷慨的。
对许多人来说,the idea of being generous appears attractive,但是生活的需求和厨房桌上的未付账单让这个理想显得遥不可及。让我向你保证，通往慷慨的道路并不像你想象的那么困难。Once we open the gate to the ideal in our life,we begin to see that the path is actually completely achievable regardless of how high the stack of bills may be.Consider these simple steps to get you started:
- Consider the benefits.Generosity benefits the person who receives the gifts,but there are also numerous benefits for the giver.Studies have shown that generous people are generally happier,更健康,more satisfied with life,and have deeper relationships with other people.
- 要意识到这与你的收入无关。Many people get caught into the thinking that once they make more money they will become more generous.In fact,事实正好相反。Consider that the US Bureau of Labor found that the poorest fifth of America's households contributed an average of 4.3 percent of their incomes to charitable organizations in 2007 while the richest fifth gave at less than half that rate,2.1 percent.开始慷慨的最好时机不是当你加薪的时候，这是今天!
- Open your eyes and heart to the needs around you.需要你帮助的人很多。The problem is not that we can't find others to help.The problem is that we are just too busy to notice.Slow down,看看你的邻居，your community,your workplace,or your school.And you'll begin noticing a surplus of opportunities for generosity.
- Stop viewing stuff as your own.We're all sharing this planet together and the resources are finite.Let's be clear: I'm not against private property.But I am against the richest 20% consuming 76.6% of the world's resources,while the world's poorest 20% consume only 1.5%.是时候开始超越我们的四堵墙和两辆车的车库，开始意识到我们都在一起。
- Dream bigger dreams for your money.Your income can be used to improve the quality of life for others.It can be used to make your community a better place to live.It can be used to deliver clean water and fresh food to a young child.或者你可以用它买辆新车，a bigger television,或者更时髦的外套。Dream bigger dreams for your money than the sale rack in the department store.找一个你相信的事业，用你的财务来改变我们的世界。
- Put it in your budget and give first.把“慈善捐款”列入你的预算，并坚持到底。计划花掉它。And whenever possible,start there.
- Spend time with generous people / Find a role model.我们倾向于呈现与我们相处时间最长的人的特征。因此,开始花时间和慷慨的人在一起。Observe them.Ask them questions.As you begin to find their lifestyle attractive,you will begin to adopt it.
- 信任他人。One of the greatest obstacles to generosity can be distrust of others.对一些人来说,对慈善机构的极度不信任，religious organizations,或者政府抑制了他们给予的能力。For others,对人类更具体的不信任抑制了他们给予的能力。This distrust exhibits itself in thoughts such as,"I would give that man some money except how do I know what he is going to do with it," or "If we just give it to them,they will just become dependent on us." Trusting people are happy people.So learn to trust others and give a helping hand whenever possible.
- Think beyond your dollar bills.你能给这个世界带来的不仅仅是你的储蓄账户。You have talents,experiences,and wisdom.Think beyond money and begin to invest your life into others.This step is,当然,兴发pt老虎机登陆这比签支票困难多了，也更有价值。
Find a step,然后迈出一步。通往慷慨的道路是完全可以实现的。The only thing missing may be you.